DR. Tejal Shah MBBS, MS (ENT)
Dr. Tejal Shah, Managing Director of the Shreeji Orthopaedic & ENT Hospital at Ahmedabad, India is a young and dynamic personality. She is a born leader with vision. She has passed her graduation in 1995 from Medical College, Baroda, Gujarat, India. She has gained her post-graduate degree – M.S.. in November 1999 from the M.S. University, Baroda. Since than, she is in her private practice at Shreeji Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,India. Her special interest are tonsil, thyroid, micro ear surgery and video endoscopy & sinuscopy.
She has developed her skill in cosmetology also and provides various body piercing facility to youngsters, ear repair, rhinoplasty etc.
At our hospital, foreign body in the nose, ear, throat are removed routinely and even during the emergency hours. Children used to insert rubber, thermocol balls, pea nuts, pins etc. in the nose or throat, or ear buds in the ear are removed with latest equipments in the department round the clock.
Cosmetic / Fashion Jwellery Puncture / Piercing
ENT is a speciality dealing with ear, nose and throat diseases, which includes most of the head and neck ailments. Possibly the most used but also the most neglected parts of our body, the ear, the nose and throat provide us with 3 of our 5 senses. Most of us just take them for granted, assuming that a sore throat or an ear itch will subside spontaneously. Unfortunately, what we fail to realize is that a simple sore throat can cause severe complications like glomerulonephritis (infection of the kidney) and rheumatic fever. An ear infection can lead to meningitis, which can even be fatal.
The Shreeji ENT hospital at Ahmedabad,Gujarat,India provides an integrated ear, nose and throat and audiology service.
The Trauma Service physicians care for patients with recent or acute injuries as well as those who have chronic problems or complications of previous injuries. Treatments are highly individualized and often include operative procedures as well as non-operative care such as splinting, bracing, and casting. . Rehabilitation after injury is a critical part of the treatment plan. Restoration of function, return to normal activities, and prevention of pain and deformity are our goals as we care for the total patient in a multidisciplinary environment.
At our hospital, cosmetic rings, fashion jwellery piercing is available. We are having a special imported instrument ( Medical Gun ) with which, we can puncture any body part for wearing any fashion jwellery or cosmetic rings. We provide all facilities for body piercing, breast piercing, nipple piercing, ear piercing, eyebrow piercing, belly piercing, abdomen piercing. This cosmetic puncture is available for all age groupmale and female persons, childrenand for youngsters. Dr. Tejal Shah, M.S. ( ENT Surgeon )has been doing Body Piercing for the last7 years and has developed her own method for piercing. All the jewelleries and instruments that are used in piercing are sterilized in “Autoclave” making the piercing very safe and hygienic. Also another specialty of Dr. Tejal Shah is that she does the piercing by administering Surface and Local Anaesthesia. This makes the entire piercing procedure a “pain free” experience. As, she is is a qualified surgeon and having fully equipped operation theatre, it is very safe to have your piercing done with her only.
Body piercing has become very popular, trendy and fashionable. Body piercing greatly varies with multiple hoops up, around, and inside the ear, or studs and rings sticking out of the tongue, eyebrow, nostril, belly-button and lips. It seems that almost every part of the body is open to piercing. Teen agers continue to gravitate toward body piercing. If you’re like many teens who have thought about piercing you probably see them as a personal and fashion statement, a form of body art, and a chance to establish your individuality.
Partial List of Procedures:
Ear Surgery :
- Myringotomy (placement of ear tubes)
- Repair of ear drum perforation and Mastoid Diseases ( Microscopic Ear Surgeries / Tympanoplsty )
- Reconstruction of middle ear ossicles ( Stapes / Piston / Mastoid Surgery )
- Ear lobule repair / Ear Piercing with medical gun.
Audiology & Cosmetic Procedures :
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Speech Disorders
- Hearing Aids – Trial, Distribution and service
Nose and Sinus Surgery :
- Control of epistaxis (severe nose bleed)
- Repair of nasal fractures
- Septoplasty to straighten deviated septum ( DNS )
- Functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty
- Functional Endoscopic sinus surgery to treat chronic sinus infection or remove polyps ( FESS )
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Video Endoscopy / Sinuscopy
- Foreign Body Removal like rubber, thermocol balls, pea nuts, pins
Throat / Larynx Surgery :
- Tonsillectomy / adenoidectomy
- Uvuloplatopharyngoplasty (surgical treatment for sleep apnea)
- Surgical treatment for snoring ( Laser Surgery )
- Removal of vocal cord lesions ( Microlaryngeal Surgeries)
- Vocal cord medialization (treatment for paralyzed vocal cord)
- Oesophagoscopy / Bronchoscopy
Cosmetic Procedures :
- Ear Piercing
- Nose Piercing
- Body Piercing
- Belly Piercing
- Eyelid Piercing
- Breast Piercing
- Lip Piercing
- Nasal Deformity Correction
- Cleft Lip / Cleft Palalte Surgery
Head and Neck Surgery :
- Removal of benign or malignant tumors from nose, sinuses, oral cavity, Thyroid, oropharynx
- Neck dissection with removal of lymph nodes for head/neck cancer and Tuberculosis
Conditions We Treat At Shreeji ENT Hospital Ahmrdabad, Gujarat, India
- Adenoid / Tonsil Infections
- Ear Discharge / Ear Wax / Middle Ear Infection
- Balance Disorders
- Cleft Palate
- Deviated Nasal Septum ( DNS )
- Ear Aches & Infections
- Dysphagia & Swallowing Problems
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Nasal Growth / Nasal Polyp / Rhinitis
- Smell & Taste Disorders
- Sore Throats
- Swimmer’s Ear
- Temporo-Mandibular Joint ( TMJ )
- Voice Disorders